The majority of college offers free .edu email to their enrolled students. As a student, they can use this email address for the official mails from various college administrators, professors, and programs. This email address includes the name of the college with the “.edu” suffix.
Along with that, these .edu mail allows users to access a bunch of additional features as well. That’s the reason why people (who are not even students) crave to get a .edu mail anyhow. If you are also one of them, then you don’t have to worry because here I am going to share detailed guides that you can follow to get a .edu mail within a few clicks.
But before jumping to the methods to create free .edu email, let’s talk about some of the best benefits that you can enjoy with a .edu email-
Perquisites of having an edu email
Amazon Prime free for six months
People having an edu email would be eligible for the free Amazon Prime subscription for six months. This subscription includes all the premium services offered by Amazon, such as free two-day shipping, unlimited access to Amazon prime video, unlimited cloud storage to store photos with Amazon prime photos, etc.
GitHub Developer Pack for Students
GitHub offers its developer pack entirely free to people having a valid edu email. This student pack provides 12 great offers altogether free. It includes free services like $50 Digital Ocean coupon, free dotME domain with a one-year SSL certificate from NameCheap, unlimited access to the GitHub private repositories, Amazon AWS coupon worth $15, and much other stuff.
Microsoft DreamSpark, aka Microsoft Azure, is a suite of Microsoft cloud services and developer tools. Here you can get free access to tools like Advance Threat Analytics, Visual Studio for Mac, Windows 10, Microsoft office 365, access to Visual Studio Community, etc. The list of tools offered by Microsoft is very long.
Along with these, having an edu mail can help you get much other stuff for free. Below I have mentioned some more additional benefits-
- Flat 50% discount on Adobe Creative Cloud.
- Unlimited access to Google Drive and many other additional tools.
- Free access to the Last Pass Premium for six months.
- Free access to the Autodesk software.
- Three business plans for a year by Bitnami that usually cost around $49/month.
- You can save a lot of money by using an edu email while making purchases from Apple. For a rough idea, you can save up to $200 on purchasing Apple computers.
- Premium access to Newegg Premier for a year that usually costs around $50.
We have discussed enough of the benefits of having an edu email. Now, it is time to reveal the method of creating a .edu email for free. So, here we go-
How to create free .edu email
The method to create .edu email is pretty simple. You just need to follow the steps mentioned below, and that’s it.
- First of all, visit the CCCApply and choose the “Canada College” option from the drop-down list under the “Apply Today” section.
- After that, it will take you to the “Canada College” website. Here you need to click on the “Apply to Canada College Now” button.
- It will take you to the application page. But before that, you need to make sure that you have an OpenCCC account. Here simply click on the “Create an Account” button.
- Here you need to fill out some details. Don’t worry, you can use any random US address while entering the details. You can also use Fake Address Generator to create a random address for yourself.
- After creating an OpenCCC account, click on this link and sign in with your OpenCCC account details.
- Here you need to fill the details as same as we used while creating an OpenCCC account. Also, you have to use any random California school details while applying; otherwise, they will cancel your application.
- After successful registration, you’ll receive your free .edu email and its temporary password as an email to your registered email address. Keep in mind that it may take up to two days to receive the mail, so be patient.
That’s it. It was the easiest way to create a free .edu email. Anyone can apply for getting an edu email with this method. However, keep in mind that if they find that you’re using fake details, then they have full rights to terminate your email and its services. So, it is always a better idea not to use this email as your primary address and use it for the freebies only.
With that said, it is time to wrap up the article. I hope it was helpful to you. If you have any queries or suggestions for us to improve our blog or this post, please shoot them in the comment section below. We would love to hear your opinions and help you.
Thanks for reading.